Sunday, August 15, 2010

Last lazy days of summer








Ken was off this weekend so we decided to continue w/ our low week into the weekend. I read a book in one week,The Help, which I recommend and now I'll start another book on Monday. Friday we ran a few errands and made sure the kids were bathed before 7:30 (first Redskins game of the pre season). I am happy to report that the Redskins beat the Bills. We spent some time outside before the game and we discovered that Mady loves the way fresh basil smells. She wasn't too crazy about the mint which I am sure makes her Tia Kathy happy. She terrorized a poor bumble bee and made a mess on the slide at the park with the wood chips. At least she had fun with her brother. This will be Matt's last week of summer vacation before he starts school on the 23rd. I still can't believe he will be a third grader. Where did the time go?