Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy 4th birthday Maelin!



My cat turned 4 today. Even though she and I don't always get along I am so glad she is apart of our family. We bought her at a time when I really needed someone to look after. I had a miscarriage in May '07 and I had to go to the hospital and have a D&C and that was really hard on me. Especially since hubby was still in CA and I was TX visiting. So, once he arrived in TX we came across an ad in the San Antonio newspaper and called up the woman. We drove to her trailer outside of SA and her home REEKED of cat urine and she showed us her two "ragdolls". I chose Maelin over her brother because I really wanted a girl. Even though her brother was chubby and playful I still went with the skinny and skittish kitten. She ended up being sick and underweight when I took her two days later for a check up. She also isn't a Ragdoll like the woman advertised. I am still glad we bought her and I believe we saved her life :)