Monday, September 27, 2010

Our weekend wrap up

Well, kids and I had a cold this past weekend which I think stemmed from our Wed. afternoon flu shots. I started w/ a sore throat,coughing,runny nose and a sore left arm thanks to Mady. She received her shot right before me and started screaming and crying. I was trying to hold onto her while waiting for my shot. Well, the nurse gave me my shot while I was still trying to keep a tight grip on Mady so my arm was a little more tense than I would have liked it to have been. Thurs. and Fri. are kind of a blur but I know I didn't work out which was pretty crucial to me (in the sense that I am not an in any way shape or form athletic)and Sun. morning would be my first 5k race. I never really ever had any intentions on running but a friend posted it as an invite on Facebook. It was invite to run the 5k,do the 1 mile fun walk or just donate. My other friend had convinced me to run it. So, the same week of the race I FINALLY paid my due. The name of the run was Bubba's Belly Run. You can read the sad back story here. Ok on Saturday I knew I had to go to the gym no matter what. I went along w/ my awesome smoker's cough that I have because of the cold. I ran like I usually do for 40 mins and in that time I surpassed the 3.2 miles and that I was use to. I have no problem running on a treadmill its outside that I really don't do so well. By this point worrying about Sunday would be pointless. Later that evening we took the kids to Oktoberfest that the military hosted on post. Both kids really enjoyed themselves. It looks like Mady will like fast rides (something I have NEVER cared for). That night after the kids went to bed I set my stuff out for the following morning took my Tylenol p.m. since I was sore from my run earlier and went to bed.

Sunday morning I woke up early and ate breakfast and was ready outside waiting w/ two other friends for our ride w/ Melissa who sent the invitation. It was a cool and drizzly morning and I felt slightly sick from nervousness the whole time til we actually started the run. Like always I feel sick the first 10 mins til I get into my groove and feel alright. I ran the whole time which meant a lot to me since I am not great outdoor runner and finished at 36.51 which is what I average on the treadmill. I am so lucky to have run in at the same time as my great friend Barbie. She encouraged me towards the very end when I began to slow down and for that I thank her. I hope if we are still stationed here next year to do the run again. Listening to Nicki Bunting talk was so heart breaking. If I am not then I know I'll definitely donate. Hope y'all enjoy some of these pictures.