Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Recap

Friday Sept. 2nd my husband and I celebrated our 5th yr anniversary. I really can't believe 5 yrs have flown by so quickly. We didn't have much planned for the day because we'll be going to a concert on the 11th (sans kids) and that was more of a gift to ourselves. Matt had a dr. appt. that afternoon. After his appt. it was after 4:30 we decided to go grab dinner with the kids. We enjoyed our meal and that evening on post Blake Shelton was performing a free concert for all military and their families. I am the only one who likes country music but the rest of the family came anyways. I thought he put on a great concert and it was only a little over an hour which was good. The kids were ready to leave. Mady did enjoy herself by dancing around a lot even through the ballads. I got a few pictures but I need a better camera to get a better quality.




On Saturday we went to Columbia and walked around the mall. I did get a few items. We are switching over cell phone providers and I chose an iphone 4 (I still really love my Evo 4g but that's another story behind the switch a roo). So, I picked out a new cell phone cover and since Matt will be having a lot more appts. coming up I decided it was time I buy an actual agenda. I use a small calendar book which has been working fine but when I have more than one thing to do/or a reminder on one day then there really isn't any room to write it.



I had such a hard time choosing between both those patterns (Navy Bloomers and Luscious) so I decided I'd get one of each. We also went by Bath & Body Works because they were having a sale on their large candles which were 2 for $20.



I really love the scent Autumn and my new fave is Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut which makes me crave the ones from Dunkin Donuts when I smell it. I also needed a new car freshner. I was a little disappointed in the one from Yankee (it was more the scent that I chose I suppose). The little purple owl was too cute and he came with a scent pack already inside and that scent was Autumn.



Last stop was the Vera Bradley store. I had been waiting for their Stadium blankets to come out. They aren't as large as I thought they would be but it is just the right size for laying on the couch. I chose the Mocha Rouge pattern. We lucked out and got it on its promotional price plus an additional discount for military (yay for extra savings!). The rest of our weekend was very low key. We enjoyed staying in and relaxing. I am so lucky that Ken got both Friday and Monday off. I've enjoyed his extra long weekend and it couldn't come at a better time for our anniversary. I look forward to many many more years with him.